The Cardiology department manages patients with heart disorders. Heart disease may be classified as either congenital (present at birth) or acquired (developed later in life). Our board-certified cardiologists offers a comprehensive cardiology service to diagnose and manage a full range of cardiac diseases in dogs and cats. For the vast majority of pets, this can be achieved through non-invasive testing with one or more of Doppler echocardiograms, multi-lead ECG, radiographs and blood testing, all of which are offered at Lancaster Veterinary Specialties. More advanced testing with angiography and computed tomography (CT) are also available on-site for rare cases where this is required. Please call to speak with a member of our team to schedule an appointment or discuss your referral.
- Heart murmur, gallop rhythm or irregular heart rhythm
- Cardiac cause for coughing, breathing difficulties, exercise intolerance or fainting
- Diagnosis and management of congenital heart disease
- Diagnosis and management of acquired heart disease, particularly valvular and myocardial disease
- Diagnosis and management of congestive heart failure at all stages: early, advanced and treatment-resistant heart failure
- Diagnosis and management of arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms)